Tuesday, February 27, 2007

When Britney Shaved her head !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Most of you must have gone through the ordeals of being robbed of your most valued possession – the locks which you love to watch while facing the mirror each morning. I vividly remember teachers in my school who, loved to ensure that students (male ones of course – no one protested about sexual discrimination then) do not keep long hair. I never have had any sort of fascination about what grows on my head (externally of course). It’s a sort of no-love-no-hate situation that I cherish till today. The hair that made headlines last week prompted me to share my story with you all.


Dates are immaterial – I don’t remember the date. But I must be in my 2nd or 3rd standard; and my brother, two years younger. Pair of nuts, as we always had been. Baba used to take us to the barber every couple of months. And both of us loved it since that would be the day when chocolates would be aplenty. It was one such visit to the barber that I will never forget.


It was Sunday and we were taken to the barber for our usual round of haircuts. We returned with our pockets full and everything was fine. Mithukaku, our uncle next door started commenting about our hair. It was perhaps the first and last time I took notice of what grew on my head. And Mithukaku went at length to mock about the haircut and how we looked. Both of us were disappointed and thought of a plan to get rid of the ugly black stuff on our head.

So started – Operation Shave Head. I took out the razor from father’s shaving box and went to the garden. My brother was equally excited about the proposition of shaving the head. So it was decided that I sit in the garden and shave my head first and then do the same for Rupu. Till then Rupu would see that ma doesn’t come to the garden.
I was half way through, hair fallen all around me, my hand moved smoothly and I hoped everything would be fine. Suddenly ma appeared from nowhere. In his effort to guard ma, Rupu was peeping into the kitchen more than required and had instigated ma’s curiosity. So ma followed Rupu to the garden, and there she was right in front of me – bewildered, angry, surprised, and what not. ----------rest of the story is up to your imagination.

4 comments:

deepakpalak said...

actually i thought that guhasab has plutoed his pluto. now i am happy to know that he came with a flash back in his life. guhasab, whether any of the murphy's rules are applicable in this hair thrilling (because of the hair's fear) story?

deepakpalak said...

hi

Anonymous said...

Hi !! Guha!!!I wanted to know the story within .........:) also!!!
Manjery

Jogesh said...

Hi Deepak,
Orbital period at pluto is large than that on earth ....so the lag!!!???~~~@@##