Monday, May 7, 2007

Re-uniting Pieces of the Mind

Communication is an art as well as a science. The science part of it can be improved by education and training where as the art part of it needs to be perfected by practice. Since I became an information disseminator I have hardly practiced my skills without being paid for. When I started My Story, I hoped that my practice continues without having to look at my bank statement in the beginning of every month. But like me, My Story has also become irregular.

A friend of mine once told me that a writer should write something every day. But I am not a writer – I am a Technical Writer isn’t it? So how am I different from a writer? Well that’s out of scope.

Since the last time I put something on this cyber notebook a series of events have taken place. But this is not a place where I put up news – better visit www.ndtv.com for that. But the most interesting thing to happen in my life is something different. I received an offer from an IT major and returned home happily. Yes I was very happy. I broke the news at home but I was apprehended by a rather off beat remark from my sister-in-law “Dada, don’t you remember the day your present company gave you the opportunity to work with them.”

2 comments:

deepakpalak said...

nice to see the pluto again in the cyber sky

deepakpalak said...

Guhasab
what criteria determines the value/salary/remuneration/dowry of a person?
Some are worth crores and some are zero to minus crore! Filmstars are getting crores for their job of entertaining others. what they are doing for national development? Whereas our MLAs and MPs are getting comparitively less salary though they are committed to public affairs and national progress. Common man is worth a hundred rupees OR one bottle of daroo, that too only on election days!!Some are getting thousands as sitting fee even if they are sleepingin top level meetings. I dont know whether sleeping fee is also inclusive. But see the construction workers, say those digging our roads for tele N/W - from dawn to evening hardworking - what they are getting for that important work! socho... socho about niscair staff also.
WHAT DETERMINES THE PRICE/VALUE OF A PERSON?
Is it position,OR courage,OR chair,OR profession,OR suit, intelligence,OR information, knowledge, OR personality, OR popularity, OR luck OR any other modern superstition OR Kya?
Remember the dialogue b/w Kapoorji and BigBji "mere paas maa hein". There are soooo many worthless guys having their maa with them. I dont think possessing a maa also a criteria for determining the value of a person. Then what?